Sunday, February 21, 2010

HATYAI HOLIDAYS: SNAPPING AWAY HAPPILY

I always think of Hatyai during the Chinese New Year and this year is no different. It's like a tradition for my family to spend our CNY holidays here. In contrast to Penang during the festive season, Hatyai is a picture of calm despite the chinese influence on its local Thai culture, it's buisness as usual. That is until the 2nd or 3rd day of CNY rolls around. It's time for the traders gear up to meet the tourist swarm head on.

Lo and behold, busses, vans and an assortment of cars of all shape and sizes descend onto this quiet town. Malaysians and Singaporeans alike cameras a snapping and people a buzzing, buying, eating and taking pictures of everything in sight. I even saw a girl posing with a traffic light! No kidding, it was outside Rama Hotel opposite a 7-Eleven.

I must confess that I am no better, I have picutres of me outside 7-11... with coffee in my hand. :P In my defence, don't you think taking a picture with a traffic-light is kind of .... weird? If not, my bad. Hopefully you see the humour in it as I do. Here are some strange shots from my camera, hope you like them.

a trio of terrific trees (near Changlun)

a "sweet" picture (in a 7-11)a drink with a difference (from the floating market)

Well, that's it for this posting. Do lookout for more. To my international readers, a warm welcome to my blog and thank you for taking the time to read. I hope it puts a smile on your face. Please do add me or send me your links to your blog. I am interested in meeting people from around the world too.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment