Sunday, July 12, 2009

HATYAI GHOST STORY......


I remember one time, I went to Hatyai with my two friends. I booked a hotel that was in the city centre called Lee Gardens Plaza but one of my friends, Skinny wasn't very happy about it. "It's haunted, you know." he protested. "Many people died there." he complained. My other friend, Yeap couldn't care less if there were or weren't any ghost. As for me, I reasoned that if there were really deaths in the hotel, it would be made the papers and its ideal location at the centre of town made it an atttraction. So with Yeap and Skinny in tow we checked in to the hotel. It was a double room and the view was nice. It overlooked the city and we could see Big C signboard in the distance. Big C is a hypermarket much like our Tesco but unlike our Tesco, it has much to offer. That night while Yeap and I snoozed comfortably Skinny was awake the whole night. Hearing what he later claimed to be "ghost sound".


But I guess he fell aslep towards the morning. I was the earliest to wake up. I love Dim Sum in Hatyai in the morning and was looking forward to it. I could also go for the buffet breakfast downstairs at the cafe. I took a shower and the water vapour from my hot shower soon fogged up the mirror. Without thinking much... or thinking with an empty stomach. I wrote "I AM COMING TO GET YOU" on the mirror. I finished my bath and got dressed just as Skinny was stirring. He complained that he was unable to sleep well an scolded me again for choosing this hotel.


I took him to see his "ghost sound", it was actually a drainpipe that is connected to tall the rooms and whenever someone washes their hads or takes a bath the water comes down the pipe creating a sound. Relieved, he then went inside to take a bath. A few moments later, I heard a girlish scream. Eeeeeee! Followed by a towel clad Skinny running out of the bathroom.

"I...I...I...." he stammered. "ttttold you!" his voice stil shrilly. "This hotel is haunted!" he shouted.

I asked him what it was and he replied the ghost is trying to catch him. Perpelexed, I asked him to show me. There nit was, on the mirror was the words I drew.... "I AM COMING TO GET YOU." "There...there... I told you so! Our room is haunted!" said Skinny looking frightened. I followed him into the bathroom to see what he was hysterical about. But when I got there, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. "See...see.. there..there.....it says its coming to get me." I told Skinny I wrote that. He asked me why the $#@!% did I do that. Actually, "I AM COMING TO GET YOU" meant I was going after the DIM SUM for breakfast! What a dummy! After this he was convinced that here were no ghost in the hotel. That night he slept like a pig.

--THE END--

1 comment: